IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

chickweed April 21st, 2011 08:18 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

You are sweet, Wendy. We are okay. There are a lot of fund raisers scheduled for the next few weeks. School supplies were greatly needed for the school that was demolished and the kids. School children all over the country have sent supplies and taken up donations! At this point things are being sorted and distributed. I will let you know if anything is needed.

axhandle April 21st, 2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 754784)
Gads, there is nothing to stop some wild fires in parts of Tx. flatlands, winds blowing in from the Gulf--hope they get it under control--most of the media Hype is about Ca. wildfires--this one in Tx. is a big one, and needs more attention.

Mother was born in Dublin, Tx.--N. of Dallas/Ft.Worth.

The Buffalo--I chuckle--attaching a pic for you--my favorite Matador--"El Cordobes"--from Andalusia , Spain.

If it's close enough to warrant a breath mint--better throw on another can of reserve energy--too close for comfort.:D

Well, heck!!--have to find and post pic later--

Meanwhile --the book, "Or I will Dress You in Mourning" by "El Cordobes"--very,very, good book factual, down to earth,-- Mans Triumph over adversity--

axhandle April 21st, 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 754769)
Not me I run from the face of Danger!! I run and scream DAAAAAVVVVVEEEE!!!! LOL Well if I could run I would :D

Buy a Radio Flyer wagon, or get Dave to build you a Goat Cart Dave--the goat carts are so much fun--G'Dad had one, the "Billy" was strong as an Ox, never failed and they love to have a cigarette to chew on at the end of the day.

Brakes, dig boot heel in to the ground, pull back on the rope reins , and yell---"Whoa Goat!!!"

Garlicluvr April 21st, 2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 754793)
Buy a Radio Flyer wagon, or get Dave to build you a Goat Cart Dave--the goat carts are so much fun--G'Dad had one, the "Billy" was strong as an Ox, never failed and they love to have a cigarette to chew on at the end of the day.

Brakes, dig boot heel in to the ground, pull back on the rope reins , and yell---"Whoa Goat!!!"

Ax: Sounds like you have a bit of Goat Rodeo experience!:D How about goat roping and hog tieing.:D

Jeff

axhandle April 21st, 2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 754771)
Hi, y'all! Ed is doing debris removal for the tornado victims the next few days, and I am staying home to get the garden going. We are planting extra for our neighbors in Gloucester - they will need it. This is such a sad situation. We just found out that one woman got cracked ribs and a broken back protecting her children. It will take a long time, but she will walk again - her boyfriend is permanently paralyzed from the neck down. The children are okay and back in school. So many stories....
I am going through the linen closet to gather sheets, blankets, towels and wash clothes and we have sent medical supplies. Saturday, I am going to Deltaville to help with an Easter Egg hunt for the children over there. I have so much to be thankful for!

Commendable--"Good People , Always Rise to Adversity"

Wondered where you had "Wandered Off To" Chick.

axhandle April 21st, 2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 754801)
Ax: Sounds like you have a bit of Goat Rodeo experience!:D How about goat roping and hog tieing.:D

Jeff

Buddy, I'm In--on both counts---:) never had so much fun.

TXDirtDog April 21st, 2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 754788)
Well, heck!!--have to find and post pic later--

Meanwhile --the book, "Or I will Dress You in Mourning" by "El Cordobes"--very,very, good book factual, down to earth,-- Mans Triumph over adversity--

Thank you for the reading recommendation. :)

Yes the fire's pretty bad. Last I heard it had doubled in size.

I remember your Mom was a Texan. Cattle country up there.

Re the buff, about the time the snort hit me, I found I had another gear that I hadn't hit before and haven't found since. Another step or 2 and he woulda had me anyway. He veered off, ran up on top of a rise and pawed dirt 20 or so feet up in the air. Luck and the Lord's hand has kept me from looking at the wrong end of the daisies many times. :)

tweed April 21st, 2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 754771)
Hi, y'all! Ed is doing debris removal for the tornado victims the next few days, and I am staying home to get the garden going. We are planting extra for our neighbors in Gloucester - they will need it. This is such a sad situation. We just found out that one woman got cracked ribs and a broken back protecting her children. It will take a long time, but she will walk again - her boyfriend is permanently paralyzed from the neck down. The children are okay and back in school. So many stories....
I am going through the linen closet to gather sheets, blankets, towels and wash clothes and we have sent medical supplies. Saturday, I am going to Deltaville to help with an Easter Egg hunt for the children over there. I have so much to be thankful for!

Good for you and Ed, chick! :)
I called the other day to check on my wife's family.
She has an elderly aunt and uncle near Raleigh and her cousin, who I am fairly close to, works at the parking garrage in Raleigh.
He said that they made it through okay but that it was a very, very rough set of storms.
Lot of folks hurtin' though.

Steve

tweed April 21st, 2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 754814)
Commendable--"Good People , Always Rise to Adversity"

Wondered where you had "Wandered Off To" Chick.

"Character" is who you are when it is completely dark.

Steve

axhandle April 21st, 2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 754836)
"Character" is who you are when it is completely dark.

Steve

"The Better Angels of my Nature" --always, Prevail--