IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

TXDirtDog April 20th, 2011 02:34 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Hi Ax. :)

So umm, just what are you up to that you shouldn't be? ;)

axhandle April 20th, 2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDirtDog (Post 754329)
Hi Ax. :)

So umm, just what are you up to that you shouldn't be? ;)

"Not ,Much 'O 'Nuthin"--chuckle-You Texas ,Dirt Dogs can go beat the head off a Rhineceros, and never Flinch--Hope the widfires, in Tx. are away from you---Ax.

RozieDozie April 20th, 2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 754130)
Leaving tomorrow! So if anybody misses me, it's not that I'm sulking over the Kefir incident! ;) ( Well I am! But cannot state that here, can I?)

I really would leave the tulip, and give it time to develop, but, if you have very mild winters, you could dig it up pop in in the freezer, to let it know that winter is there, and then it will prepare a flower for spring!

Don't know what the Kefir incident is but will explore it so I can take a "side". :D
Just kidding, of course, but I am opinionated, in case no one has noticed...

Ajla, hurry back; yes, we will miss you!

RozieDozie April 20th, 2011 03:06 PM

Howdy Ax and All!

Boy, oh, Boy, am I TIRED. We started out in the garden at 7:00 this morning to finish the planting before the rain this evening. Worked until 2:30 with no break for lunch and still didn't finished.

Told Hubs I was either getting the rest of the day off or else a divorce. :D Left him, the other folks and our hired helper (yes, yes, we finally found a hired helper,) to finish up. They're still at it...... I'm going to cook supper for everyone, so I really don't get to be "off"....

We finally hired a helper to do some of the heavy stuff and help around the farm. He is such a nice feller! He looks like John Denver. Hubs rolls his eyes when I say that.... :D He and his wife and two little children live nearby. He was laid off last year, his unemployment ran out and he can't find a job anywhere. Someone from my mother's church recommended him; said he'd do anything and really needs work. He really works HARD. He can do just about anything. Hubs is really 'particular' about things and, so far, he's happy with the work he's doing. We can't afford him full time; wish we could, though.

Did you all see this? I think it sounds interesting. She sounds sincere and I hope it works out.

http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43850

axhandle April 21st, 2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RozieDozie (Post 754349)
Howdy Ax and All!

Boy, oh, Boy, am I TIRED. We started out in the garden at 7:00 this morning to finish the planting before the rain this evening. Worked until 2:30 with no break for lunch and still didn't finished.

Told Hubs I was either getting the rest of the day off or else a divorce. :D Left him, the other folks and our hired helper (yes, yes, we finally found a hired helper,) to finish up. They're still at it...... I'm going to cook supper for everyone, so I really don't get to be "off"....

We finally hired a helper to do some of the heavy stuff and help around the farm. He is such a nice feller! He looks like John Denver. Hubs rolls his eyes when I say that.... :D He and his wife and two little children live nearby. He was laid off last year, his unemployment ran out and he can't find a job anywhere. Someone from my mother's church recommended him; said he'd do anything and really needs work. He really works HARD. He can do just about anything. Hubs is really 'particular' about things and, so far, he's happy with the work he's doing. We can't afford him full time; wish we could, though.

Did you all see this? I think it sounds interesting. She sounds sincere and I hope it works out.

http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43850

Rozie--you are On a Roll!!

There are so many out there who have families, actually need and genuinely want to work--

SIL is a machinist, an outstanding one also, he's 33 and paid attention in class--all the shop(mostly deadbeats) comes to get him when they can't figure out something,---altough there are some things I could do myself, I hire him---pay him well and his Dad is doing the same--Things as they are--it's called "Keeping it in the Family"

Tears my heart out to see deprived kids-etc.--I cry, then get Mad--and go do something about it--Family or otherwise.

TXDirtDog April 21st, 2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 754340)
"Not ,Much 'O 'Nuthin"--chuckle-You Texas ,Dirt Dogs can go beat the head off a Rhineceros, and never Flinch--Hope the widfires, in Tx. are away from you---Ax.

Thank you Ax. The fires are not near us. Causing many a heap of trouble tho.

I suspect I'd flinch some for a rhino. I know I did when a bull buffalo charged me years ago. Guess I'm not all that good a Texan. :o

That buff coulda used a breath mint - or better yet a pack when he was snorting down the backa my neck!

w8in4dave April 21st, 2011 08:06 AM

Not me I run from the face of Danger!! I run and scream DAAAAAVVVVVEEEE!!!! LOL Well if I could run I would :D

chickweed April 21st, 2011 08:06 AM

Hi, y'all! Ed is doing debris removal for the tornado victims the next few days, and I am staying home to get the garden going. We are planting extra for our neighbors in Gloucester - they will need it. This is such a sad situation. We just found out that one woman got cracked ribs and a broken back protecting her children. It will take a long time, but she will walk again - her boyfriend is permanently paralyzed from the neck down. The children are okay and back in school. So many stories....
I am going through the linen closet to gather sheets, blankets, towels and wash clothes and we have sent medical supplies. Saturday, I am going to Deltaville to help with an Easter Egg hunt for the children over there. I have so much to be thankful for!

w8in4dave April 21st, 2011 08:10 AM

Yes we all have much to be thankful for , thanks Chick, I will pray for those who are in need ......... You need anything ??? I can donate something .....

axhandle April 21st, 2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDirtDog (Post 754762)
Thank you Ax. The fires are not near us. Causing many a heap of trouble tho.

I suspect I'd flinch some for a rhino. I know I did when a bull buffalo charged me years ago. Guess I'm not all that good a Texan. :o

That buff coulda used a breath mint - or better yet a pack when he was snorting down the backa my neck!

Gads, there is nothing to stop some wild fires in parts of Tx. flatlands, winds blowing in from the Gulf--hope they get it under control--most of the media Hype is about Ca. wildfires--this one in Tx. is a big one, and needs more attention.

Mother was born in Dublin, Tx.--N. of Dallas/Ft.Worth.

The Buffalo--I chuckle--attaching a pic for you--my favorite Matador--"El Cordobes"--from Adalusia , Spain.

If it's close enough to warrant a breath mint--better throw on another can of reserve energy--too close for comfort.:D