IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:11 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750182)
Do you have your Spandex, and "Awsome Headband " on , in off in running?--chuckle --you know me, by now Dave,--only a chuckle in todays insane world.:)

Some of us will survive--Ax.

heheeee Ax :D yea chuckle in todays world is exactly what we need :D it was a very eventful day :D But I sat by the fire again tonight and besides the beach the fire is so relaxing to me :D I absolutely love it!! I should of taken a picture of the dog wrapped in a blanket next to the fire ..Yea the wind coming from the east now , can be so cold....But the fire was there and I just about fell asleep ... Sighhhhhhhhh nice!

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:19 PM

Nothing like a fireplace'/stove--it automatically says --Sleep:)

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:25 PM

thats why I love it up north .... fireplace :D here I just love to sit outside :D 40's but the wind is cold thats ok it was sooooo worth it :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:32 PM

What I really like is a campfire during a crisp still night, listen to the forest, watch the shadows dance, then crawl in the sleeping bag and Z Out--:)

Haven't had a fire going in fireplace since about Feb.--already miss it.

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:39 PM

I am tellin ya Ax , for the last few nights I have been sitting outside by the fire after the day is done and I listen............... birds , horses next door, wind , birds again and watch that flame and life is good ... I just need one hr. and I can wind down and feel wonderful :D then have to go in and make hubs life work for the next day :D but then the smell of the smoke is on me and I love that to :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750421)
Jeff,

Can't believe it--some very fine equipment there.
Old Ben and I would get along, very well, and the quiver--top notch, good leather,hand tooled, and W.Diamondback insert.

The Collegian--quarter draw for 10 seconds, repeat and work up to Full Draw and 30 seconds, over time, good break in for the muscles and tendons.--Nice bow.

Had a Wing Archery Thunderbird, 62" extremely fast and smooth--the "Bear Bunch"--really gave me a hard time, till they shot it.

I'm exasperated---Lettuce!!--it will hardly make here,either dies , bolts or flops out--guess it might do well in late winter--just too hot.Lots of folks here, what little makes, pour hot bacon grease over a bowlful and chow down--Let me know when the Port Orfords come in.

You got a nice place there, and tell the Lads, "Keep it in the Ten Ring", they appear to be doing well with the bows.

Ax.

Forgot one thing, Jeff hay bales for a backstop, behind the target three bales high by 5 wide, saves hunting for the "Flyers".

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750513)
I am tellin ya Ax , for the last few nights I have been sitting outside by the fire after the day is done and I listen............... birds , horses next door, wind , birds again and watch that flame and life is good ... I just need one hr. and I can wind down and feel wonderful :D then have to go in and make hubs life work for the next day :D but then the smell of the smoke is on me and I love that to :D

Nothing beats it, all changing, different each time---smell of smoke, maybe a little stream nearby--.

Daughter bought me a Japanese water ?--small about like a flower pot, opur water in, turn on--water is pumped up thru the stones, and hits a paddle that makes the chimes tinkle(very soft), adjust a stone or two and get a different sound--relaxing.

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750503)
Nothing like a fireplace'/stove--it automatically says --Sleep:)

Your best post ever, Sir Ax.
Warmth = Love and what God has given us, imo.
Sorry if I went somewhere I should not have.
BTW, reminds me of when my girls were little...........I had bought a new mobile home with a fireplace.
The baby used to get up, walk into the living room, hike her gown up and sit on the hearth...............Then she would say "What is for breakfast"? :D

Steve

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750518)
Nothing beats it, all changing, different each time---smell of smoke, maybe a little stream nearby--.

Daughter bought me a Japanese water ?--small about like a flower pot, opur water in, turn on--water is pumped up thru the stones, and hits a paddle that makes the chimes tinkle(very soft), adjust a stone or two and get a different sound--relaxing.

It is there ax.. we have a creek that runs thru our property .. BayCreek and yes that sound is there also .. not only that but when hubs gets his pond going and there is a waterfall, OMG yea , then I get my chimnea out and life is even better :D

Garlicluvr April 15th, 2011 07:55 AM

Ax: I am on here for a few minutes this morning before heading out to plant trees but will check back later.

Package arrived many thanks I brewed up a pot of the Sumatra this AM superb, I see why it is your favorite. The Boys were thrilled with the baseball cards, (five year old slept with them). My wife thought the Peridot was beautiful and you must be a bit Psychic as that is her birthstone. I will put the points and knocks to use as well as the feathers. Again the package was a very pleasant surprise.

I got one batch of cedar arrows last evening and will post some pics soon. Also got the flemish string will have to try it out when I get a moment.

I will send the stuff for my Mom out to her, I am sure she will be delighted. Did you find those garnets? They were beauties.

Jeff:)