IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 09:19 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Morning and talk to you all later .... we are off and running this morning ... :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750171)
Morning and talk to you all later .... we are off and running this morning ... :D

Do you have your Spandex, and "Awsome Headband " on , in off in running?--chuckle --you know me, by now Dave,--only a chuckle in todays insane world.:)

Some of us will survive--Ax.

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750169)
They are,neighbor had to cut down 5 Japanese peach trees , that had run their course, after 30 yrs, best peaches --ever-I used to stop the lawn mower during a hot day, grab a handfull and lean up against the tree to cool off, watch the clouds go by , and save some seeds--hope they sprout,done everythig I can do.

How 'Be 'Tha Trip---Tweed?

It went well, Sir Ax. Thanks for asking.
We got to go to a lot of the art studios in Gatlinburg and enjoyed our cabin immensely with the exception that there were bunch of.......ummm..............
Non-American's who rented the cabin next door and they were playing gangster rap, etc...........very loudly. Could not enjoy the porch because of it and could not call in a complaint, because it was through another rental company.
We decided to get a more remote cabin next time.
BTW, we didn't realize it, but our favorite artist has a website. His drawings on Appalachian people are just incredible.
If you get a chance, visit his site: www.paulmurray.com

Steve

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750182)
Do you have your Spandex, and "Awsome Headband " on , in off in running?--chuckle --you know me, by now Dave,--only a chuckle in todays insane world.:)

Some of us will survive--Ax.

LOL
Not sure why, but that song "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John popped into me head. :D

Steve

Garlicluvr April 14th, 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750192)
LOL
Not sure why, but that song "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John popped into me head. :D

Steve

Olivia Ihad a big crush on her in High School, remember the song and her in spandex, unlike some not too bad on the eyes.:D

I actually liked a lot of her country stuff before she went pop.

Jeff:)

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750190)
It went well, Sir Ax. Thanks for asking.
We got to go to a lot of the art studios in Gatlinburg and enjoyed our cabin immensely with the exception that there were bunch of.......ummm..............
Non-American's who rented the cabin next door and they were playing gangster rap, etc...........very loudly. Could not enjoy the porch because of it and could not call in a complaint, because it was through another rental company.
We decided to get a more remote cabin next time.
BTW, we didn't realize it, but our favorite artist has a website. His drawings on Appalachian people are just incredible.
If you get a chance, visit his site: www.paulmurray.com

Steve

Tweed,

Appreciate your offer to tell my friend in Gatlingburg, hello for me, didn't see your post until after you had left.

Remote Cabin--Buddy, the one I'd like to rent would be 5 miles, by foot--:D

I really like Paul Murray's work, the older fellow on his website reminds me of many past days, talking to the locals, no better folks.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 749550)
Yeah, I love that painting! I don't think I'll go into Venice, it will be too crowded at Easter, and thus loses its charm I hope to walk in the Marmolada! I'm not so much a fan of Auntie Lena, but like the song about the canals (grachten) and Deep in my heart you guessed?

Chuckle-Aj, The Doge' of Venice and his Council of Twelve invited me over, I politely declined--but did no good--

Just mirthing--Ax.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:46 PM

Jeff,

Can't believe it--some very fine equipment there.
Old Ben and I would get along, very well, and the quiver--top notch, good leather,hand tooled, and W.Diamondback insert.

The Collegian--quarter draw for 10 seconds, repeat and work up to Full Draw and 30 seconds, over time, good break in for the muscles and tendons.--Nice bow.

Had a Wing Archery Thunderbird, 62" extremely fast and smooth--the "Bear Bunch"--really gave me a hard time, till they shot it.

I'm exasperated---Lettuce!!--it will hardly make here,either dies , bolts or flops out--guess it might do well in late winter--just too hot.Lots of folks here, what little makes, pour hot bacon grease over a bowlful and chow down--Let me know when the Port Orfords come in.

You got a nice place there, and tell the Lads, "Keep it in the Ten Ring", they appear to be doing well with the bows.

Ax.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:48 PM

Olivia N,John--reminded me Daughter watched Grease about 50 times, and still have the 33 and third rpm record.

She was nice--;)

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750171)

Well, Dave you out of breath this evening??--chuckle--

G'Daughter will be here in about an hour--tomorrow we are going to plant some tomato's I saved her the Krim, and 'Missus brought home some German Johnsons??-- first time I've heard of those.

If you can get some Krims now they will do very well in Mi.,after all they did come from Siberia.--:)