IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

chickweed March 14th, 2011 11:01 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 729200)
"And ,The Tractor"--??

Fellow across the road plowed up garden with a '47 International, door neighbor 66 Ford--with times apparant, I best go buy a Mil Jeep with attachments--

Bought it from the friend that we have been hiring to do work for us with it - he got a bigger one. Ford 1320. 4WD, diesel with four attachments. Bucket, bush hog, box scraper, aerator......Got another good deal (even better than the one we got on the Jag)!

And......I may be getting ducks this summer! They will be bigger than Yoda, so I won't have to worry about him hunting them! Fresh eggs and bug control....for all the tomatoes they can steal!

tweed March 14th, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 729213)
Bought it from the friend that we have been hiring to do work for us with it - he got a bigger one. Ford 1320. 4WD, diesel with four attachments. Bucket, bush hog, box scraper, aerator......Got another good deal (even better than the one we got on the Jag)!

And......I may be getting ducks this summer! They will be bigger than Yoda, so I won't have to worry about him hunting them! Fresh eggs and bug control....for all the tomatoes they can steal!

Chickster got a Ford 4WD tractor? Now I'm jealous! :D
OOPS!
BARGAIN ALERT!
Harbor Freight has an aluminum framed, 6x8 greenhouse for $250! It says 299 online but it's 250 at the store. Great deal.

Steve

axhandle March 14th, 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Wink on the Jag, and Ducks know what they are after--;)

Thought post on Dave Cark 5--the Jag -might give a flutter--:)

redneckplanter March 14th, 2011 12:57 PM

pigbomb turned 1000...................awesome...............smile s

axhandle March 14th, 2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 729291)
pigbomb turned 1000...................awesome...............smile s

Now you are an Android, I'm in envy--you got a stint--Hang very Loose ,Plant--the World Turns--;):)

Good to see you off the,-- "Table"--Ax.

axhandle March 14th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 729229)
Chickster got a Ford 4WD tractor? Now I'm jealous! :D
OOPS!
BARGAIN ALERT!
Harbor Freight has an aluminum framed, 6x8 greenhouse for $250! It says 299 online but it's 250 at the store. Great deal.

Steve

Uh,Oh--Greenhouse Time--

How Be 'E, Tweed?--:)

axhandle March 14th, 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Got a good one--Fritz- can change the engines in less than a day--'course the Jag won't run as fast---:)

Regards to DH--glad for you both.

Pepper March 14th, 2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

And slug control !!!!

chickweed March 14th, 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 729499)
And slug control !!!!

Yesssss! The slug control was a big consideration. I have been trying to decide between chickens or ducks. The kid that helps in the garden told me that he is incubating the duck eggs and asked if I wanted ducks (and he will help build a shelter). The fact that this young man is raising the ducks....and the massive amount of slugs that they consume - made up my mind for me. And I think ducks would have a better chance of showing Yoda and the vampire cat who is boss!:D

Tweed - thanks for the heads up on the green house. All that is left of my old one now is the shelving.

redneckplanter March 14th, 2011 05:52 PM

i tried to get some other bionic parts but no dice.................grins