IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 10:13 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 556284)
Me too.
At last purchase , Big Lots--the Ceylon was .99 per box--Just keep it a secret---I might just have a line on a source

Good Stuff--and for special occasions---You need a Samovar , Dave --'Me 'Thinks I mentioned that about a year ago--;):)

Your secret is safe with me!! Thanks!! Ohhh I love the castle pic I may use it in my background pic.. the one I had from Ajla got wiped out when my puter got wiped out.. I twisted my ankle yesterday and I am layed up till tomorrow .. Am going to Ga. with a friend.. We may have to stop at big lots first! I am bringing my laptop with me :D ..what is a samovar??

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 10:16 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
A tea thing I remember :D I do need one :D

axhandle June 23rd, 2010 10:21 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 557184)
Dave is having a beauty rest? Cool!
Neil Young likes old ladies! :)
That's the bench I meant, I'll sit there yet, but I could have sworn there was a stream too, cannot you hear it?

I recall a day in the Forest , at 12 yrs old,with my G'father he was from the "Old Country", a Miner-- we went up ,he had a book in his back pocket.
A Fairytale Spot, moss, water running, the birds and all on an early morning.

He taught me how to build a Water wheel, gave me his knife and said --Make --and don't cut youself Sonn'a--Broken English.
Later I turned around and he was leaned against a tree, readin his Scripture in his Native language.

I long for those days and the many outings he gave me and the Wisdom ---

Ajla June 23rd, 2010 10:23 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 557187)
The Gulf Spill is a catastrophe---Beyond, ---

A Tropical Storm, a Hurricaine--right now, hang it up Folks--and so my Prayer--:

G.S. Patton

"Almighty and most mercifal Father,we humbly beseech Thee,of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have to contend.Grant us fair weather,for battle.Graciously hearken to us as Soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed withThy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppresion and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations"

22-December--1944.

Don't feel too bad about it Ax, unless you can do something about it?

axhandle June 23rd, 2010 10:25 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 557193)
Your secret is safe with me!! Thanks!! Ohhh I love the castle pic I may use it in my background pic.. the one I had from Ajla got wiped out when my puter got wiped out.. I twisted my ankle yesterday and I am layed up till tomorrow .. Am going to Ga. with a friend.. We may have to stop at big lots first! I am bringing my laptop with me :D ..what is a samovar??

Going to "Jawjy", I don't have to say let me know if they don't do you right I know Ga.--My next door neighbors--Have a good trip!----And get some N.Georgia corn--It's 'Special--:)

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 10:28 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
It IS a catastrophe ax....I feel horrible about it .. Makes you never want to use a drop of oil ever again...but then there is reality .... It will take years and years to get it cleaned up .. if it ever does get cleaned .....

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 10:30 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 557211)
Going to "Jawjy", I don't have to say let me know if they don't do you right I know Ga.--My next door neighbors--Have a good trip!----And get some N.Georgia corn--It's 'Special--:)

Will do thanks for the tips :D

axhandle June 23rd, 2010 10:31 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 557196)
A tea thing I remember :D I do need one :D

Zip Code? Might get an Air Drop going--;):)

Ajla June 23rd, 2010 10:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 557204)
I recall a day in the Forest , at 12 yrs old,with my G'father he was from the "Old Country", a Miner-- we went up ,he had a book in his back pocket.
A Fairytale Spot, moss, water running, the birds and all on an early morning.

He taught me how to build a Water wheel, gave me his knife and said --Make --and don't cut youself Sonn'a--Broken English.
Later I turned around and he was leaned against a tree, readin his Scripture in his Native language.

I long for those days and the many outings he gave me and the Wisdom ---

Keep talking! It feels like a little holiday already! Danke!

axhandle June 23rd, 2010 10:34 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 557214)
It IS a catastrophe ax....I feel horrible about it .. Makes you never want to use a drop of oil ever again...but then there is reality .... It will take years and years to get it cleaned up .. if it ever does get cleaned .....

Use of oil--essential--elimination of of abusers of same--also essential.

Get us some Pics of those "'Jawjy Peaches" while you are there,--them Gals are a Peach!--;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.