IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

w8in4dave February 7th, 2011 10:36 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

You can talk online via computer and webcam .. :D not that I want anyone to see my ugly mug but it would be cool to "talk" to someone via internet :D

chickweed February 7th, 2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 706947)
Chickweed I just got skype downloaded :D you'll never guess what my name is :D I tested it and it works perfect!!!

Cool! Harley can meet Yoda! (Fox could not care less).:D

Summerhawk February 8th, 2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 705959)
How many times do we have to go through this?
Real Virginians don't consider Northern Virginia a part of Virgina. It is a separate entity like West Virginia. (Except that in retrospect, we should have kept WV). And I bet you can find very few people who live in Northern Virginia that are true Virginians - you were in the wrong place! Come on out to the Bay area, where the people are as nice as the seafood is good!
Beneficial insects, mild winters, wonderful people, and SEAFOOD!!! LOTS OF FRESH, LOCAL SEAFOOD!!!! And cabana boys!
I took this picture yesterday at a local nature park - people fishing!http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...ns/003-2-1.jpg

hahahahaha!!!! I agree about Northern VA... Can we just give that part of the state to Maryland? haha Try driving up there in 5:00 traffic:eek: or for that case at all!!!:eek:

This September I will be finishing my time as a DC Air National Guardsman... I have to make a trip to DC once a month, I have an Aunt that lives in Northern VA that I stay with while I am there. I had to join the the Air Force Air National Guard a few years ago because I had lost my job when the economy died. I found a job in DC working as a civilian for the Air Force overhauling F-16 engines... I had to enlist in the Air National Guard to get the Job. I was VERY lucky to have scored a job back home so that I can be a dad and a husband. I lived in DC/Northern VA for 1.5 years... I only got to see my family on the weekends. It was horrible. I am BIG TIME HAPPY to be home again...I will have served my time this September. I used to be in the Navy. The Navy was a good experience for me. I love the Ocean. Nothing can describe how blue that water is in the middle of the Atlantic. I have fond memories of seeing sunrises and sunsets... flying fish... whales... huge pods of dolphins... and a small handful of places that I considered to be priceless to be able to visit. One place was the Island of Crete off the coast of Greece. I got to see glass being made at a family run glassblowing studio where they recycled glass and metal to make some beautiful things. I would love to learn the trade... I have been buying books and videos... thinking about making my own equipment. ahhhh....:rolleyes:
If only I could be an artist and a farmer:)

axhandle February 8th, 2011 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays Bit 'O Useless Information--:D

Is it just me?( chuckle--I don't think so), weather and seasons have everything to do with one's outlook, energy, interests etc, I've found that if one ignores the negative facts, be ill concerned with 'what "isn't right" and carry on the load is much lighter.

Pictoral Summation, ?Where are You?--:)

The only chipper person is the Court Jester (Fool), and the most Morose is the Bored Headsman--and the rest in between.

Oh ,Well --if one gets bored, try stacking some Greased BB"s--:D

w8in4dave February 8th, 2011 10:21 AM

So tru Ax :D

Went to the doc today and looked at x rays ...yea now the swelling is not there ..it is not good. Looks like surgery...Dag gone! I was really trying to stay away from Surgery..But I guess best to get it done and get it over with so I can get on with stuff!! Just ticks me off is all lol..so middle of next week tue-wed-or-thurs ... If you don't see me in here you know I croaked on the table .....At least after surgery they will put it in a splint .. cannot stand the cast!...Anyhoo just wanted ya all to know ...I go to see my family Doc tomorrow to get surgery clearance ... 8:45 am so I won't be on in the am .....

w8in4dave February 8th, 2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 705959)
How many times do we have to go through this?:D Real Virginians don't consider Northern Virginia a part of Virgina. It is a separate entity like West Virginia. (Except that in retrospect, we should have kept WV). And I bet you can find very few people who live in Northern Virginia that are true Virginians - you were in the wrong place! Come on out to the Bay area, where the people are as nice as the seafood is good!:)
Beneficial insects, mild winters, wonderful people, and SEAFOOD!!! LOTS OF FRESH, LOCAL SEAFOOD!!!! And cabana boys!
I took this picture yesterday at a local nature park - people fishing!http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...ns/003-2-1.jpg

I absolutely love this pic! If everyone is as nice as you...It is a wonderful place to live .........

woodwitch February 8th, 2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 707506)

Went to the doc today and looked at x rays ...yea now the swelling is not there ..it is not good. Looks like surgery...Dag gone! I was really trying to stay away from Surgery..But I guess best to get it done and get it over with so I can get on with stuff!! Just ticks me off is all lol..so middle of next week tue-wed-or-thurs ... If you don't see me in here you know I croaked on the table .....At least after surgery they will put it in a splint .. cannot stand the cast!...Anyhoo just wanted ya all to know ...I go to see my family Doc tomorrow to get surgery clearance ... 8:45 am so I won't be on in the am .....

I am sorry you are facing surgery. Hopefully it will get the problem taken care of once and for all and you will be back digging in the dirt soon.

tweed February 8th, 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 707442)
Todays Bit 'O Useless Information--:D

Is it just me?( chuckle--I don't think so), weather and seasons have everything to do with one's outlook, energy, interests etc, I've found that if one ignores the negative facts, be ill concerned with 'what "isn't right" and carry on the load is much lighter.

Pictoral Summation, ?Where are You?--:)

The only chipper person is the Court Jester (Fool), and the most Morose is the Bored Headsman--and the rest in between.

Oh ,Well --if one gets bored, try stacking some Greased BB"s--:D

I don't disagree, Ax.
Personally, for example, I love snow and cold weather. Love to get dressed and go for a walk in it. Or go four wheeling at night. Then retreat to home and a warm fire.
Summer offers all the obvious reasons but even during the most relentlessly hot summer day, a cool stream offers relief and pleasure.
Spring & Fall? They both showcase the beauty of life in it's beginning and in it's death.
But that's just part of the way I see it.

Steve

tweed February 8th, 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 707506)

Will be pulling for you. :)

Steve

axhandle February 8th, 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 707540)
I don't disagree, Ax.
Personally, for example, I love snow and cold weather. Love to get dressed and go for a walk in it. Or go four wheeling at night. Then retreat to home and a warm fire.
Summer offers all the obvious reasons but even during the most relentlessly hot summer day, a cool stream offers relief and pleasure.
Spring & Fall? They both showcase the beauty of life in it's beginning and in it's death.
But that's just part of the way I see it.

Steve

Walk the ridges, if one gets lost for a day or so, then all the better--the Wind will lead one Home--and the better, matters will be.