IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle November 30th, 2010 12:08 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

3 Attachment(s)
Missus and I found this, the weekend, 1890's,and what better a piece to write Memoirs on, do some Pen and Inks--I'm good--My Pelikans,pen tips, and E'Special Paper finally came to me--Und , "Wo Binst, Ax"---chuckle always the man behind the Camera--

axhandle November 30th, 2010 01:27 PM

Instead of turning one's self inward,think about all the Troops, in a "Land ,Far Far Away"--well, get off your butts-- Now!!--do something--and I hope the Guys and Gals, in the Field see this--Ax.

Garlicluvr December 1st, 2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 664984)
Missus and I found this, the weekend, 1890's,and what better a piece to write Memoirs on, do some Pen and Inks--I'm good--My Pelikans,pen tips, and E'Special Paper finally came to me--Und , "Wo Binst, Ax"---chuckle always the man behind the Camera--

Nice find Ax: I like the figure on the fold out desk.

Jeff:)

skiracer December 1st, 2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 664984)

Texas High Boy and looks like a decent one. nice pickup ax.

axhandle December 1st, 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 665419)

Got to do some repro work on the decoration, some of it is missing--the locks are all mortised in.

While on my mind, re: bow laminates I used Elmers 2 part waterproof glue when I built a saiboat.
It looks and smells like grape juice, but will skunk you out in a confined space--:)very good stuff.

Glad you got to do some 'Shootin over the holidays, I'm long overdue and miss it.

axhandle December 1st, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 665420)
Texas High Boy and looks like a decent one. nice pickup ax.

Indebted to you ,Ski I had no idea except a secretary--no cartouches or marks except penciled number 13 on some inside pieces--very good shape--a user--

Thanks--

axhandle December 1st, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 665419)

Jeff, I have made due note of your welding tips back on another post, in my infancy on Mig and Tig-- and your post--most helpful--Ax.

axhandle December 1st, 2010 12:11 PM

Off to Doc here in a bit, 60 mile round trip via interstate--got to blow the soot out of my rig.---It's like Talladega out there--on amphetamines.

Garlicluvr December 1st, 2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 665466)
Got to do some repro work on the decoration, some of it is missing--the locks are all mortised in.

While on my mind, re: bow laminates I used Elmers 2 part waterproof glue when I built a saiboat.
It looks and smells like grape juice, but will skunk you out in a confined space--:)very good stuff.

Glad you got to do some 'Shootin over the holidays, I'm long overdue and miss it.

Ax: I will try to find the elemers 2-part waterproof glue. I used Titebond 2 waterproof wood glue the same stuff I use on most all of my woodworking glue-ups. I know it bonds well to wood just dont know how it will hold up to repeated flexing, shock and vibration.

Garlicluvr December 1st, 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 665479)
Jeff, I have made due note of your welding tips back on another post, in my infancy on Mig and Tig-- and your post--most helpful--Ax.

You are welcome Ax I really like Tig as it gives the best quality weld and you have very precise control over heat input, with the same rig you can weld stuff as thin as a beer can or as thick as 1/2" or more just by changing tungsten size and foot pedal control of the welding current. I find I can even go back and reflow weld that is a little rough or didnt flow properly. It is also good for filling holes, use the foot pedal like an car accelerator, set max current with your dial then pedal lets you go from zero to max.

As I said before for big projects where you have to put down lots of weld bead you cant beat a Mig gun. Also if you do have to work outside where wind is an issue flux core wire for a mig works good. In fact they are starting to use it more and more in skyscraper construction as it is much more efficient, saves time and material.

Have a good Doc visit and make it back safe. You got a roll cage and racing harness in that rig of yours?:D