IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Digging (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you all doing for your gardens right now??? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949)

VA Gardener March 28th, 2011 08:28 AM

Re: What are you all doing for your gardens right now???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctutt (Post 738729)
I uncovered my strawberries, planted spinach, radishes, potatoes and onions last week. Then it snowed! And the temperature fell to 26 F. Hope everything will be ok. I'm sure what I planted will be because it hadn't sprouted yet. But the strawberries???

The strawberries can take snow and frost. I wouldn't worry about them. :)

robinredchick March 28th, 2011 10:29 AM

The garden is tilled, asparagus has been picked, Potatoes and onions planted, stuff in the greenhouse is growing nicely, Things are lookin good!

bdebonee March 28th, 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctutt (Post 738729)
I uncovered my strawberries, planted spinach, radishes, potatoes and onions last week. Then it snowed! And the temperature fell to 26 F. Hope everything will be ok. I'm sure what I planted will be because it hadn't sprouted yet. But the strawberries???

You're lucky ctutt! I just got news that the frosts are finally over, but now
the temps are skyrocketing to the 80s later in the week!

No spring here again it seems, from winter to summer in 3 weeks. lol.
That's the high desert for ya. :o

We'll see.....

But I also just planted spinach and radishes. Will be planting red & white onions onions and red potatoes tomorrow. The red pontiac potatoes do well here, unlike the russets.

Weeded out my garden today, planted echinacea. Turned soil over for some
peppers and basil.

Watered peas, radishes, collards, and everything else I just planted (arugula, more radishes, broccoli, mustard greens.)

I'm expanding my garden space to about 3 times the size of last year. :D

:eek:

I can totally do this. Lol.

Mook March 28th, 2011 07:51 PM

We tilled most of our garden today and will start planting the cool weather veggies tomorrow.

happygardener March 28th, 2011 09:46 PM

Checked the hoop house. Broccoli looks good. Lettuce Not so good..I have more. Will replant starts.

TXDirtDog March 28th, 2011 11:04 PM

Expanding - again. :eek:

OneoftheEarls March 29th, 2011 07:04 AM

this is actually a warm up spell- Tuesday 36F | 17F, 41F | 19F, 43F | 25F, 45F | 27F

Good maple sap weather....

Backyard Homesteader March 29th, 2011 07:15 AM

Planted peas, kale, spinach, radish, chard. Planting cabbage and lettuce the weekend! It was 36 here today but the sun was shining bright felt like a spring day!! Wahoo!!

ander217 March 29th, 2011 07:53 AM

Hi, this is my first time to post on this forum. We have a 32' x 35' garden spot with several 4' x 10' raised beds, several square-foot garden boxes, and a perimeter of beds we're still developing outside the garden fence.

We're eating Egyptian Walking onions, and watching the potato onions and other onion sets and transplants grow nicely. Early radishes are getting their true leaves, but several kinds of lettuce, spinach, and arugula are coming along really slow. We're waiting for a shipment of 50 strawberry plants to go in beds outside the garden fence.

Hubby added another layer of rice hulls and cow manure to the raised beds last week, and I set out some pansies. Peas are just coming up in one of the square-foot garden boxes. I planted rapini for the first time and it is just coming up.

My spirit is willing, but the weather is not, it seems. C'mon warmer temps!

catgrass March 29th, 2011 08:36 AM

I WATERED everything yesterday. Everything is up, looking good, flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing and the dog's barking! Got tomatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, eggplant, snapbeans, and zuchinni.