IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Digging (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you all doing for your gardens right now??? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949)

ratdog June 23rd, 2010 11:21 AM

Re: What are you all doing for your gardens right now???

Brewing some compost tea.

TastyofHasty June 23rd, 2010 12:01 PM

Saving some brassica seeds. The "something" that makes little yellow flowers in Spring, preceded by flower buds about 1" to 2" in diameter, that taste like broccoli, but "better than broccoli," just went out and stripped off a bagful of dried brown seedpods.

About time to save rapini seeds too.

And I've got a bunch of ragged jack kale gone to seed in the "pankar huyu," ready to strip out.

Hopefully I'll get enough for saving, plus sprouts this winter.

chickweed June 23rd, 2010 12:12 PM

Watching it through the window - hoping for a pop up storm, so I won't have to go outside and water!

Desert Rat June 23rd, 2010 12:24 PM

Pulled out some of the last of the parsnips, I'm just shocked at how green the tops have stayed in this heat. Going to hit 110 deg. tomorrow, 106 today. Had just about decided not to plant parsnips again but these pulled today were huge and beautiful, the test will be how well they taste after going so long in the heat. I'm going to roast them tonight. Pulled the shallots and have them drying and prepping the spot for okra, blackeyed peas and roma beans. The monsoon will hit in a couple of weeks and I need to have this all done and planted before the humidity rolls in.

weedy June 23rd, 2010 05:52 PM

TOO MUCH:D
I mulched the rest of the watermelon,cantaloupe & cushaw. caged so more tomatoes,put out 300 feet of soaker hose, tilled another pass on upper edge of garden ,picked squash. WIPED SWEAT & DRANK A GALLON OF ICED TEA

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 06:49 PM

Well seems how I twisted my ankle .. Pfft hubbs put a chair for me by the garden :D (he loves me) and had me instruct him on how to florida weave my maters :D (he is a great man!!) The rest that he didn't get.... well ... thats up to mother nature.. I told him that ws enuf!!

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedy (Post 557533)
TOO MUCH:D
I mulched the rest of the watermelon,cantaloupe & cushaw. caged so more tomatoes,put out 300 feet of soaker hose, tilled another pass on upper edge of garden ,picked squash. WIPED SWEAT & DRANK A GALLON OF ICED TEA

I got some fresh squeezed lemonade :D you seem to have alot of energy..Come on over ... :D If it is tea you need I can make that to.. or mix the both :D

w8in4dave June 23rd, 2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 557268)
Watching it through the window - hoping for a pop up storm, so I won't have to go outside and water!

I like the way you think :D

Sungold IL June 23rd, 2010 08:52 PM

We had another crazy windy, thunderstorm... I had to go and check and make sure everything's okay. It all seems to have survived. *phew*

tashak June 23rd, 2010 11:25 PM

Transplanted two yellow pear and one Brandywine tomato that a neighbor gave me.
Harvested Lucullus swiss chard seed and rice grass seed.