IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Digging (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you all doing for your gardens right now??? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949)

OneoftheEarls May 25th, 2010 06:35 AM

Re: What are you all doing for your gardens right now???

Put out 100 tomatoes, rototilled to 10 pm, got up, transplanted cabbage, broccoli, squashes, went to greenhouse, took pics, watered with mist on 72 varieties I need to repot and get out

Iowagardennewby May 25th, 2010 09:31 AM

I have a small garden. I planted three beefsteak tomatoes, caged my two romas and green peppers, and watered like crazy. Then I noticed this morning that my corn is on the way up!

SherylGallant May 25th, 2010 03:41 PM

Watering, watering, watering! Its 30c+ now and we haven't had rain in a couple of weeks. None expected this week either! Lots of little trnasplants out there. The sprinkler runs low to the ground all day, every day and I just keep going out every hour or so and moving it. Over and over again. It takes two days to cover the entire veggie garden moving the sprpinkler around like that.

Thank goodness we are on a well with a lot more water then we need! Last year at this time the main veggie garden was underwater until the first of June. Unusable!

Ya never know...

I am also hoeing and weedling in the dryer areas.

bughunter99 May 25th, 2010 06:10 PM

Weeding bazillions of sprouting maple propellers and flicking tomato blossoms!

MichiganderGardener May 25th, 2010 08:33 PM

Hauled more composted manure for my squash bed..planted more squash and cukes..Planted a few more tomatoes and watered the greenhouse plants.

lorna-organic May 25th, 2010 08:35 PM

I cut scapes off the onions today. I had an armload of scapes when I was done. I left about seven scapes on plants (to get a few seeds).

HillsideDigger May 25th, 2010 08:58 PM

Picked peas, also gathered and bundled barley for the chickens.

tashak May 25th, 2010 10:09 PM

Lots of weeding and hand furrowing new plots as the predicted rain came tnight and is supposed to continue off and on daily through Friday--just trying to get ahead in case I don't get out much this week (a bit concerned in case the predicted snow drops c. 1400' down to us).
If there are daytime interludes of dryness, the neighbor and I hope to get in a bit more cool season planting, as temps will be about ten degrees lower than today's for the rest of the week.
This seems an unusually cooler and wetter and windier spring.

bekajoi May 26th, 2010 09:30 AM

Yesterday I planted out 31 strawberry plants, will do the last 10 today. Got busy with other stuff and couldn't finish. I need to set out and seed the rest of the beds, mark off areas for and seed for the sunflower house and corn maze. And 3 sisters. And my son's bed which won't have much in it since he isn't interested in helping me clear it...

Jackie-T May 26th, 2010 09:39 AM

Today I planted 2- 50 foot rows of cucumbers to climb up stock panels and put in 25 ladybird nasturtium seeds. Watered the carrot bed and removed the cover in reverse order as the carrots are coming up. Picked potato beetles and their egg clusters off the potatoes and eggplants.Noticed my squash have come up and the marigolds and tomatoes I transplanted last saturday are making growth. Came in and read a book because it is already up to 85 and only 10:35 am today is going to be HOT tonight I will be weeding after 5 till dark nice way to end my day.