IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Digging (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you all doing for your gardens right now??? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949)

Amei March 13th, 2010 11:22 AM

Re: What are you all doing for your gardens right now???

Can't beat that horse manure.

Today I am watching hubby build my potato boxes.

tiny1 March 13th, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amei (Post 483554)
Can't beat that horse manure.

Today I am watching hubby build my potato boxes.

I've heard that chicken is good, too.

bellzeybubba March 13th, 2010 01:49 PM

Very busy today. Finally put the citrus out of the garage, fed and watered them, Also feeding, pruning, and weeding all the ornamental beds. Planting flower seeds - evening primrose, nasturtiums, marigolds. A friend will be here soon to collect bags of pine straw for her garden, so I'll help her with that. After that it'll be time to transplant the tomatoes and plant herbs in the veggie bed.

RozieDozie March 13th, 2010 02:11 PM

I've been weeding and clearing and getting all the veggie beds we made ready for herb and flower planting. We're moving from this rental house soon and I'm "planting it forward" for the new tenants. Most of the beds are already at the point of reseeding themeselves with herbs and flowers; I'm just filling in the spaces.

Already have cilantro, parsley, several kinds of oregano and thyme going strong. Soon the basil and dill will sprout. I have a HOT oregano that reseeds and has been getting hotter ever year. Wow! It really packs a whallop now.

Also have moonflower and morning glory (they may be less than thrilled over the morning glory.... ;)) and zinnias and 4 o'clocks that reseed.

Jolicoeur March 13th, 2010 02:20 PM

I fertilized fish emulsion my starts, yellow leaves on the lower part of some of the plants, needed nitrogen. If not raining, I plan to finish my rabbit, bird and hopefully squirrel proof PVC covers for my two raised beds.:D

jeffinsgf March 13th, 2010 04:06 PM

Potted up my tomato seedlings and hauled home a trailer load of "ZooDoo" from the Springfield Zoo.

moonlilyhead March 13th, 2010 04:38 PM

Picked up some english peas to plant today and I need to thin out the arugula. It's a bit cramped. I also started some Tom Thumb impatiens Ginny sent me. Those will go in flower boxes on the shady side of the house.

lalbers March 13th, 2010 04:39 PM

Glumly looking outside at either 8 inches or 4 feet of snow, depending on where you look.

allamerican March 13th, 2010 06:07 PM

I got a full lenght glass storm door gave to me today and now making a cold frame :D

whodat March 13th, 2010 09:18 PM

I took the shower-door A-frame off of my celery yesterday and cleaned out the few weeds today. I'm glad to see that the celery made it through the winter. The arugala is blooming and I noticed that the collards have started to bolt as well. They sprang up over night.
I think I'll have to build a cold frame for next winter.

I couldn't wait a minute more, so I planted a few seeds for a variety of things. Maybe that one last cold snap will never materialize this year. I planted some of the squash seeds that I collected last year. I can't wait to see what they make, since they are a mix of a mix of a mix. If I jumped the gun too much, I have plenty more of them.