Notices

Go Back   IDigMyGarden Forums > SpaceAge
Conversation Between SpaceAge and TXDirtDog
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. TXDirtDog
    December 24th, 2010 11:52 PM
    TXDirtDog
    Haven't seen ya posting, but see ya check in now and again. Ya'll have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
  2. TXDirtDog
    July 14th, 2010 07:37 AM
    TXDirtDog
    Sorry to hear the Krims root system wasn't up to the heat. I did notice that in the main garden (full sun), no Krim plant set fruit before we got too hot for good germination. In the front (shielded from morning sun), I had two plants, and they set some fruit. I intended to see how they fared in the fall, till the soaking we rec'd killed almost all tomato plants. The 2 in the front may survive, it's still dicey. I'm trying to keep much better notes this season, and have already found them very helpful. I intend to bump up my grow light system for next spring and try to get mine started earlier as well, to try to increase fruiting before the heat sets in.
  3. SpaceAge
    July 14th, 2010 12:54 AM
    SpaceAge
    update , the lone 3ea plantlings just couldn't take the heat. The Black Krims have one of the worst root systems for seed to plantling stage I have yet to try to grow here. in my 6" grow-tubes the root structure doesn't go more than 1.5 to 2" deep in the tube ... that is just too shallow to survive transplant in the heat... I may have to try starting an Incubator in December instead of February for the weaker rooted versions ... I should have kept notes on that specific trait , because in hindsight it is so important here in my zone... ahhh ... another lesson learned , keep better notes.
  4. SpaceAge
    June 27th, 2010 10:50 PM
    SpaceAge
    I'll check my charts vs / my tags in the ground in the Heirloom field tomorrow and report back ... I believe I had germination And plantlings in the ground ...
  5. TXDirtDog
    June 27th, 2010 09:49 PM
    TXDirtDog
    Hey Space, did you ever had any luck with the Black Krim after the bad soil episode on the blacks. Wasn't sure if you were doing an immediate re-seed or waiting to seed in future. I THINK I remember that you hadn't had any luck with Black Krim germination, but could be wrong. Just curious.