December 22nd, 2011 01:36 PM
    redneckplanter
    hey zeed?
    come play.lol
    http://redneckacres.proboards.com
  2. zeedman
    March 21st, 2011 01:08 AM
    zeedman
    Thanks Red, for your PM. I don't like to do confrontational posts, but many posters were failing to get through to Minnie. Someone had to do it, and I hope I did it tactfully. Still wish it hadn't been necessary... condescending as she was, she meant well. Now that she has posted photos, you can see there is still a great deal of wasted space, but I haven't got the heart to call her on it. Best to stop beating this horse, and let it live.

Haven't got the time yet to compose my opening post for a discussion on vertical gardening, but I'll try to get it started this week. Yes, one of the reasons I trellis is to create windbreaks, which create pockets of a warm(er) microclimate. I plant peppers, okra, and other heat-loving crops within those zones.

For the most part, I just lurk on Idig, unless I've got something positive to contribute. You've had me laughing out loud on more that one occasion - keep up the good work!
  3. redneckplanter
    March 20th, 2011 08:25 AM
    redneckplanter
    now THAT IS A POST!well thought out...organized...supported...succinct.........
    loved the picture.you do the staggered turned trellasing for wind breaks? riper maters.looks like some good future reading.smiles
    thank you for more eloquently saying what i couldn't....